Code of Conduct
NOTE: “Transcription Network” in this document refers to the Transcription Network Discourse instance at https://transcription.network. “The moderators” refers to the moderators of this organization. A list is available on the Discourse site summary page.
Transcription Network is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form.
This Code of Conduct applies to all Transcription Network spaces, including public forums, private forums, and private messages.
Examples of behavior that contributes to creating a positive environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Focusing on what is best for the community
- Listening generously and assuming good intentions
Examples of unacceptable behavior by participants include:
- Public or private harassment
- Trolling, insulting or derogatory comments, blanket statements or stereotyping, and personal or political attacks
- Publishing others’ private information, such as a physical or electronic address, without explicit permission
- The use of sexualized language or imagery and unwelcome sexual attention or advances
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
If you are being harassed by a member of Transcription Network, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please flag the post and/or contact the moderators by sending a private message to @moderators or PMing a moderator directly. If the person who is harassing you is on the team, they will recuse themselves from handling your incident. As soon as available, a moderator will take further action, starting with a warning, then temporary deactivation, then long-term deactivation.
We will respect confidentiality requests for the purpose of protecting victims of abuse. We will not name harassment victims without their affirmative consent.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the moderators may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from all Transcription Network spaces and identification of the participant as a harasser to other Transcription Network members or the general public. The moderation team will prioritize the well-being and comfort of those affected negatively by a Code of Conduct violation over the comfort of the violator.
The administrators reserve the right to update the Code of Conduct at any time at their discretion. Updates to the CoC will be communicated to users via posts from admin accounts. If you have any concerns about or suggestions for the CoC, please contact an administrator via PM.
This Code of Conduct is distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license.
Portions of this Code of Conduct have been adapted from the LGBTQ in Technology Code of Conduct and Contributor Covenant 1.4.