Linda Krueger -- 40 Years of Dictation & Transcription

About

Hi, I’m Linda, and I have been doing dictation and transcription for 40 years. I transcribe audio and video files in US English, non-verbatim, which means I don’t include things like, ums, ahs, stutters, false starts, and other things that can make the finished product more difficult for your readers to follow. I do not do video captioning. I particularly enjoy transcribing sermons, book manuscripts, and dictation. I also enjoy transcribing podcasts, business, academic, and general topics. All projects are done with complete confidentiality.

Rates

$1 per audio minute for a clean file with one or two speakers.

$1.50 audio minute for a clean file with three or four speakers.

For files that are not good quality (they have lots of crosstalk or background noise, sound like they were recorded underwater or with a soup can) please add $.50 per minute.

For more than four speakers please add $.25 per speaker per audio minute.

After reviewing your file, I will let you know which price would be appropriate for your project.

Turnaround

Usual turnaround time is 24 to 48 hours for files up to one hour long.

I am available Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM CST. Please contact me with your project’s specifics and I will let you know if I will be able to finish your project within the 24 to 48 hour window. If you have a project that would require completion on a weekend, please let me know and we can discuss the particulars.

Contact

Please contact me at laktranscription@gmail.com to find out about availability and turnaround specifics for your project. Please tell me about the project and share the file with me for review. If you have any special instructions for the project please share them at this time. Once I receive your file I can determine whether or not I will be able to accept your order to meet your specifications. It is at this time that I will also let you know the rate I will be charging for the project. Also please let me know the email address you would like me to use for invoicing. If we are agreeable, a 50% deposit will secure your project and I will be able to begin work.

Ordering & Invoicing

Invoicing will be done through PayPal. If you are agreeable to the rate I quote you, I will send you an estimate. Accepting the estimate will turn it into an invoice, at which time 50% is due. Once your project is complete I will send you the final transcription file by email. The remaining balance of the invoice is due on delivery, or before your next project order, whichever comes first.

Thank you so much for your time! I look forward to working with you!