Mary Geitz -- 20 years of transcription experience & over 36,000 minutes of video captioned, typing of 110+ wpm and ready to provide fast accurate service!

About

Hi, my name is Mary, and prior to starting work with Rev in January 2018 I had twenty years of experience providing medical transcription services to physicians in specialties including diagnostic imaging, hematology/oncology, primary/acute care, surgery, cardiology, ENT, ER, endocrinology, GI, and others as needed. I have a Certificate in Medical Transcription from the California College of Health Sciences from 1995.

During my two years contracting with Rev, I have now captioned over 40,000 minutes; achieved and maintained Revver+ status (the highest category that can be held as a contractor); have perfect accuracy metrics; perfect on-time submissions; and perfect commitment ratio (meaning I have completed every project I accepted).

I genuinely enjoy medical transcription, and because of my extensive background in that space, I am especially qualified for captioning medical classes and conferences. However, one of my favorite things about being a transcriptionist/captioner is that I am continually presented with the opportunity to learn new things! Some of my favorite jobs at Rev have been documentaries, in particular history documentaries and National Geographic/Planet Earth-type shows. I am also an avid crafter / art enthusiast (and member of the Art Institute of Chicago) and really love typing art history classes and museum lectures. That said, I am open to transcribing almost any topic; I feel very fortunate that my work allows me to continually expand my mind in unexpected ways!

The captioning projects I complete will be compliant with the American Disabilities Act.

Rates

My base rate starts at $1.00 per audio minute for a non-verbatim transcript, for either transcription or captioning a video, with up to two speakers. Cleaning up the um’s and the uh’s, the likes and the you knows, in other words light editing for a smoother transcript are included. Fees for additional speakers are $.50 per speaker.

Difficult audio rates will be negotiated.

Turnaround

Basic audio jobs up to one hour long will be returned within 24 hours. Do you have a stat job? Let’s chat so I can meet your needs.

Availability

Services are available seven days a week.

Website

Coming soon!

Contact

Please contact me at meg1262@gmail.com or through direct message on this forum.